Friday, September 24, 2021

James Neil Hamilton - Commissioner Gordon on Batman and Harry Holt in "Tarzan and his Mate: died on this day in 1989

 

September 24, 2021, happy birthday to me. 37 years ago on this day in 1984, actor James Neil Hamilton passed away at age 84. This is the second article and drabble about Hamilton this month. He was born on September 9, 1989. Hamilton, who played Commissioner Gordon in television’s Batman, but not Perry White in “The Adventures of Superman,” (Different Hamilton – no relation.) played Harry Holt in the  Johnny Weissmuller / Maureen O’Sullivan films, “Tarzan, the Ape Man” and “Tarzan and his Mate.”

His first film was “The Beloved Imposter” in 1918 and his last was “Which Way to the Front” in 1970. In between, he appeared in over 100 films.

The 100 word drabble for today is “Too Many Women,” and includes the titles of 16 his films, 17 counting the title. See if you can find them all.

Adam West said, “Neil, working dawn patrol this morning? Evidently the cat creeps in morning’s shadows and so do you. Command performance last night?”

“What a night. Seemed like three weekends. Something always happens when you meet a dangerous woman.”

“Tell me. I met a dangerous lady. She said, ‘Take me home.’ I said, ‘Lady behave. I’ll spend the night all by myself.”

“Neil said, ‘The hot news is the sky’s the limit when strangers may kiss,’ but I saw the devil’s hand in her plot. About an hour ago I took the family jewels and came to work.”




No comments:

Post a Comment