Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Angel Rossito, Dwarf in "Tarzan the Ape Man" 1932

 

September 21, 2021 and 31 years ago on this day in 1991, Angelo Rossitto, who played the evil dwarf in 1932’s “Tarzan the Ape Man” died in Los Angeles, California. Angelo was 2’ 11” tall.

He appeared in over 70 films, playing dwarfs, midgets, gnomes, monsters, villains, and aliens. He performed with Lon Chaney and John Barrymore. Three of his films were “The Greatest Show on Earth,” “Requiem for a Heavyweight,” and of course, his role as “Master,” the top half of “Masterblaster” in “Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.”

The drabble for today is, “Size is an Attitude,” and it’s based on Angelo Rossitto’s career.”

“Mr. Rossitto, you’ve made over 70 films, including several silent pictures. Were any of those what they once called shorts.”

“You making fun of me?”

“Heavens no. I was talking about one reel films.”

Rossitto lit a cigar. “Just messin’ with ya. Yes, I made several.”

“You didn’t always get screen credit.”

“But I always got paid. I believed every part I played was important and that I made a big difference in every film I was in. You think little things can’t make a difference, stick a fire ant in your nose. Let me know how that works out.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment