Thursday, September 16, 2021

Elisbeth Hubert: Tarzan the Musical

Beginning today, I'm doing to post my daily Edgar Rice Burroughs themed 100 word drabbles on this site. I've written and published 1196 before today. This is number 1197. The others are posted on FB and at www.erbzine.com. I'm not going to go back and post any of the old ones - unless I decide to do so later.

September 16, 2021 and 34 years ago on this day in 1987, mezzo-soprano Elisebeth Hubert, who played Jane on stage in the Hamburg production of “Tarzan,” was born. She shouldn’t be confused with the French doctor, politician, and businesswoman born in 1956.

Here’s a link to a video of her singing, “Fremde wie ich” (“Strangers Like Me”)with Anton Zetterholm, the actor who played Tarzan.

https://youtu.be/LHSJSt0Vi6g

She has also appeared as Mary Poppins in “Mary Poppins”, and in “Mama Mia,” and “Sunset Boulevard.”

The drabble for today, “Deja Vue,” was inspired by the lyrics to the song.

Jane said, “This seems strange but familiar. The apes aren’t like me, and yet they are.”

Tarzan said, “Your kind seem strange, but also oddly familiar. I want to know about your world.”

“I want the same thing. Can you show me? Something’s familiar about these strangers like me.”

Tarzan said, “Yes. I see a new horizon beyond the trees. Teach me about your world.”

“Perhaps we shouldn’t try to be like everyone else. Anyone can hide in a crowd, but it takes courage to stand alone.”

Tarzan kissed her, “We are all different, and our differences make us strong!”



No comments:

Post a Comment