Thursday, June 20, 2019

Ran this morning for a streak of 60 consecutive days. 288 miles during the streak. Not bad for a 70 year old.  With that said, here's a 100 word drabble from my book, Running Into Trouble. Running stories of science fiction, fantasy, adventure, horror, and humor. Here's the link to buy the book. You can read it free on Kindle Unlimited.

Running Into Trouble

Here's the drabble, a story of exactly 100 words.

RUNNING WITH AUDREY

Audrey invited Tom for a trail run through the forest. Tom, who wasn’t much of a runner, but was mesmerized by her, met Audrey Saturday morning. They ran a mile and stopped in the deep woods.

Audrey smiled demurely and said, “I don’t like to wear clothes when I run. I hope you don’t mind.”

Tom kept the leer from his face, pulled off his shirt, and said, “Should I chase you?”

Audrey stacked her clothes in a neat pile, and said, “No, I’ll chase you. You should run now.”


She dropped to all fours and turned into a wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment