Friday, June 28, 2019

A short horror drabble for today - "Bad Mario"

June 28, 2019: Hot day, ran, mowed, ran some more. 28 days in the month and 119.7 miles. I'll get another nine and finish the month with 128 miles, 30 miles per week. 69 straight days after today.

A running drabble today. A 100 word story originally published in my book, Running Into Trouble. The book contains several of my stories and three more and a cover from my daughter, Robin Lupton Clisby.

Order "Running Into Trouble"

Here's the drabble. Hope you enjoy "Bad Mario."

Mario held his gun on the clerk until the woman emptied the cash drawer, grabbed the loot, and sprinted into the darkness. The petite policewoman was after him in seconds. He didn’t want to shoot her, it’s bad to kill a cop. He ran, but she ran easily alongside. He raised his gun and she slapped it away. He sped up and she matched his pace. She smiled, her fangs glowed white under the streetlight, and without breaking stride, she said, “I’ve run ten miles every night for two hundred years. I can do this as long as you want.”




No comments:

Post a Comment