Monday, June 24, 2019

Program Delete

I haven't posted for a few days. Life gets busy. One of my good friends fell and broke her pelvis. I tell people that the only rule that matters after age 70 is "Don't Fall Down." I hope I can follow it. Here's a short one hundred story from my new book, "Through A Wine Glass Darkly," published last week by Gypsum Sound Tales. Buy multiple copies or read it on Kindle Unlimited.

Through a Wine Glass Darkly

Here's the drabble - a short 100 word story.

Program Delete


Jim was a hacker, a former Catholic, and a drunk, not necessarily in that order. He hacked into the Vatican and fought his way through security and found a file called. “Intelligent Creation – Control Data.” While he was searching the file, alarms went off and the Vatican system started to access his computer and location.
“Screw this,” said Jim and he hit the key to delete the Vatican’s files. The percentage deletion popup raced across his screen and when it showed eight-five percent, his desk, computer, and room disappeared.
Jim’s last words were, “Damn, I wish I hadn’t done that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment