Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Here's a drabble for today. A drabble is a story with exactly 100 words. I write one everyday for Edgar Rice Burroughs fans. Over 400 of them are available at ERBzine, an online magazine with over 20,000 pages of information. The link is to my drabbles from )ctober 2018.

Robert's October 2108 Drabbles



The Drabble is called, A Tree Falls in the Forest.


The druid was angry and she toppled a giant tree and it knocked Olson, the lumberjack, unconscious.

Fred, another lumberjack, pulled Olson from under the tree.

Olson woke and asked, “Who are you? What happened to me?”

“A tree fell on you. Don't you know me?”

“I can’t even remember my name." 
          
“Your name is Olson.”

Olson rubbed his head. "If you say so. A beautiful woman was in the tree. She was really pissed off."

Fred said, "This may hurt. He kicked Olson’s head with a heavy lumberjack boot."

“Why kick me.”

“To return your memory. It’s called rebooting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment